Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday! -

I was MIA yesterday, though it really doesn't seem like I was missed that much. That's okay, though. I've been insanely busy at work lately. Sorting through three years of expenses from our company's president, (and owner) while keeping up with my normal responsibilities, which kept me busy enough to begin with.

Our reception planning at the church on Wednesday evening was wonderful. It was great to finally meet our caterer, (a real take-charge kind of woman!) and I know she's going to do a great job. She offered a lot of ideas, and has a real eye for where things should go.

Plus, our reception hostess was a lot of help when it came to figuring out all the little details. She told me that I'm way ahead of the game, which was really surprising to me, considering how little time we have left!

In the newest Michaels ad, they had these pre-lit 4-foot trees on the cover, which are on sale. My Mom is going to wait until they go back to their normal price, and use a 40% coupon that we get every week, and get two of them. (can't use coupons on sale items, and the coupon will make it cheaper than the sale price. Yes, my Mom is brilliant.)

So, we'll have two at the entryway into the Banquet hall! I think they're gorgeous, and festive. Then, after the wedding is said and done, they will go on my parent's front porch.

Oh my goodness! If you don't live near DC, you might not know about the newest little member at the National Zoo.


How cute is he? Even though he was born back in July, they just recently named him. (even after a giant panda cub is born, they have trouble living past a few weeks, so the zoo waits a while before they name them) Since the two giant pandas we have, the parents, are "on loan" from China, they named the new cub Tai Shan, which means "peaceful mountain."

Visitors at the zoo won't be able to see him until sometime in December, since his momma is still too protective. I asked Ryan if one of the first things we do as a married couple could include a visit to the zoo. He agreed! I haven't been in forever, but I really want to see the cub. We will only have him in the US for two years, then he'll be sent back to China. What I don't understand is, why can't we just buy them?

So, this weekend should be a lot of fun! Tomorrow, Ryan and I, and my parents, are driving down to see Ryan's family. Our parents haven't met before, so I'm really hoping it goes well. Anyway, I think we're having a cookout. Yum!

Well, I need to get back to work. Hope you all have a great weekend!



7:56 AM

Comments:
I really want to go see that little guy!!!
 
Isn't he so cute!! They also wait to name him because it's Chinese tradition to wait 100 days before naming the baby. But he is SO adorable! I wish I lived close enough to go visit!

Sounds like everything for the wedding is really coming together, that's so awesome! I wish I felt in control of the situation!! I sure as heck feel SO lost =P

Jess
 
Hahaha, yeah, we talked about it in my Asian history class! But if you think about it, it makes sense. When you wait 100 days it lets you see the personality and use that in naming too... although I'm not sure how "peaceful mountain" reflects the cub's personality =P I dunno, I'm a sucker for foreign traditions!

Jess
 
We have two panda's on loan from China in the Atlanta Zoo. My best friend from High School (this happened back then) dad was actually the one who did a lot of the wheeling and dealing....I'm think they had a baby?? Not sure though....I can't remember.

I worked at the Zoo for a summer. And I haven't been back since then..but I want to go...
 
I had a good job :)

I coordinated their Junior Zoo Crew program (basically young volunteers ages 13-16) So I didn't have to clean up after the animals but had a lot of time to work around the zoo to "check" on the kids.
 
I saw your site on xanga this afternoon and its very cute.. i like what you have done and the days keep going by faster and faster before you know it your wedding day will be tomorrow :o) So whatever happened with that house for $600?? are you guys getting it..? that panda is adorable I love the zoo.. i think im going to go again soon! anyways i know im typing a page but i missed ya! :o) well have a great weekend!
<3Brandi
 
Oh my goodness....49 days now? I miss you so much. I hate that we can't talk as much now. Everything seems to be in your corner - just keep giving it to Him. I'm praying for you as always.. missin' and lovin' you! :) You're awesome!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers