Wow. Thank you guys for all the love! I know the whole "anonymous" versus "other" is kinda strange, but..it does mean that anyone can comment now, not just registered users. :) Also, just 'cause I moved over here doesn't mean I won't visit (and comment!) anymore.
I got a grand total of roughly four and a half hours of sleep last night. I drove Ryan to the airport at 5:15 this morning, and have been running about since. He's going to be in Cleveland until Friday. :( I'm really, really going to miss him. Went over and fed / walked Kylie, got ready, got some coffee, (Starbucks!) and I'm already at the office. Driving in was amazing! I know Ryan and I live in the same city and all, but our different locations mean we take different routes to work. Lets just say...once we're married, my commute will be awesome. Though I saw the most bizarre thing this morning. Here I am driving along Rt 7, sky is clear and a light pink color, and I see this huge thing up ahead of me. It's like a cloud just sitting on the ground. Sky is clear. Clear, clear, clear, and bam, I'm in a cloud of fog. Very strange.
In any event, here's my recap of the weekend events. :) (and pictures!)
Friday -
After work, I raced home to see my dress, which was scheduled for delivery, if you recall. I got home at 4:00, and it wasn't there yet. Lame. To pass the time, I started assembling our invitations. They take roughly 5 minutes each. Go ahead, do the math. Yes, they will take forever and a day to complete. Anyone want to help me do invitations? :-) Anyway, that wasn't my point. So, I hear the UPS truck go by, so I race outside, and wait on the porch.
The UPS guy laughed when he saw me waiting, and said, "You'd think you're waiting for this." I told him, "well, that's only my wedding dress." He said he knew what it was because they only require signatures for important things, and it states "Bridal" on the package. He gave me his congratulations, and I rushed inside to see my dress.
It's perfect. Absolutely perfect. Correct size, correct color, correct dress. (hey, nothing is a given!) I couldn't try it on right then, because a) Ryan was on his way, and nearly there already, and b) I didn't want to risk the chance of getting make-up or other oils on it.
But I did take pictures later on than night, after Ryan had left. :-)
This is the only one I'm going to post, since you can barely see it. (and if Ryan somehow happens upon it, (which I doubt, but you never know) he really can't tell a thing from the picture) If you want to see my close-up pictures, let me know, and I'll e-mail them to you. :-) Okay? Okay.
I told Em that there was no way I was going to get to sleep that night. More than likely, I was going to do my best impersonation of Tom Hanks in Cast Away with the flashlight and the pocket watch. Having it in my room with me was just too much.
I'm never going to get to sleep!
Saturday -
I got up and showered, then decided that I needed to try on my dress. So, Mom helped me with getting it on, and I got to wear my dress for the first time. I wasn't wearing anything underneath, so I don't know exactly how much it will need to be altered. My under-things have been ordered, but won't arrive till a little bit before my first appointment with Angie, so I'll have a better idea about it then. The waist will need to be taken in a bit, but I think the chest area is just perfect. Anyway, after prancing around in it for a bit, I called my Dad up to see. I asked him what he thought, and he said I looked "beauty." (Grandmom's term for "beautiful") He said that I'm going to be a beautiful bride. Aww. "Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to go bawl," he said, half-jokingly. No pictures of me in the dress--it was just a special moment between me and my parents.
Anyway, after that excitement, Ryan and I went off to play some tennis. It was a pretty warm day, so we only played for an hour or so. The rest of the day, of course, was spent watching college football.
Us right before we left to play some tennis!
Sunday -
We had our first Discovering Christ class at church, which was way bigger than I thought it would be. Apparently, the classes usually only have around 10-12 people...ours has well over 30. In any event, it went really, really well, and I'm looking forward to learning more over the next 6 weeks. I was worried that it would be designed more for newer believers, but I was happy to hear that the class was intended for older and newer believers alike.
Agassi lost. Ugh! Have I mentioned that I really don't care for Federer? I loved how the presentation ceremony afterward noted that Agassi is perhaps the best tennis player of all time, and they went on and on about how wonderful he is. Then, oh yeah, Federer, you won--here's your trophy. I think they completely downplayed his win, and, as heartless as it may sound, I thought it was awesome.
Us on Sunday afternoon
Honestly didn't do too much for the rest of the day. Ryan shampooed the carpet at the apartment, while I watched him. He wanted to do it, so there was not much more I could do! I told him afterward that he couldn't be more perfect--he can build things, fix things, and clean. Is there a more perfect man? I don't think so. ;-) The apartment smelled wonderful afterward. Nothing like a clean apartment!
Not exactly the most thrilling game I've ever watched, but the Redskins won nonetheless! I really, truly missed football. I have a sneaky suspicion that this season might be like the last, though. Our defense is awesome, but they're going to get worn out by the end of the game and frustrated with the offense for not scoring despite their best efforts to make it possible. Though Chicago's defense was pretty good, too. I hope my prediction is wrong.
Monday -
Busy, busy day. Work was insane, but the day flew by. After work, I took care of Kylie, and spent some time with her. She has really started to mellow out as she's nearing her first birthday. She used to be a total spaz, but now she really has her sweet, cute moments.
Then! I came home to find that my slip had arrived! This is really silly, but I wanted a picture of it, so...
Yes, I'm standing on my tub to get a picture of the whole thing. Don't act like you've never done that before. ;-)
Well, there you have it. Now that you all know entirely too much about my weekend, I'm off to get started on some work.