Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Excitement -

I rushed around after work on Friday--got some groceries, straightened up the apartment, packed my things, took care of the dog. I couldn't wait for Ryan to get home. I had the bright idea to stick dinner in the oven before I left for the airport. It needed to be in there for an hour and 15 minutes, and I only planned on being gone 45 minutes at the absolute most. I thought, hey, it'll give Ryan enough time to start unpacking and get settled before we have dinner.

Wrong. I ended up circling the airport for an hour, because his plane idled on the runway for at least half an hour. The weather wasn't the greatest, so I guess it caused some additional delays. I was freaking out, thinking that dinner would be severely ruined. Ryan tried to calm me down, and told me, "Honestly, I really don't care about dinner right now. I'm just glad to be home." Love him.

As it turned out, dinner was fine. It was a little more brown on top than usual, but smelled delish. But by the time we got back, it was about 9:30, and neither of us were hungry, so into the fridge it went. Instead, Ryan started to unpack, and showed me what he got me--a pink and white baseball jersey from the Indians game he went to that reads "OuttaYour League" on the front. It's very cute! Is he funny, or what?

So! On Saturday, we took a break from the football games, and went to buy his wedding band! :) Very, very exciting! They took down his ring size, and placed the order. They should be calling today with an estimated arrival time. (They said, at the most, it'll be 3-4 weeks) It's a really gorgeous ring. And..while we were there, the lady helping us offered to clean my ring for me. It sparkled like crazy, and looked exactly like it did when Ryan gave it to me. :) Also found out that anytime I need to have it rhodium plated, it's free! Apparently, Ryan got the lifetime coverage deal when he bought it from them, so if I have it plated even 2 times in my entire lifetime, it pays for itself.

On Sunday, we had our second Discovering Christ class. Very interesting. At the beginning of the class, they had us go around and talk briefly about our 'earliest spiritual moment.' The majority of the class told us how they became saved, or some memory from their childhood: going to church or having devotions with their parents---that sort of thing. I talked about how my earliest memory was when my brother and I had gone to our very first vacation Bible school together, when we were really little, and they had us memorize a really short verse from the Bible. We came home so excited about it, and my parents have us on videotape running around the kitchen table, saying, "Jesus is the son of God, Jesus is the son of God!" :)

Then..it got strange. The lady next to Ryan talked about how in the house she grew up in, she and her sister used to see a little girl. Her parents thought it was just their imagination, but she said that they really did see her, and that she was a "good presence." She told us how she read a book later on about her old house, and how other people have talked about how there's a presence in the house. Um, okay? Ryan and I whispered to each other, "oh dear.." Really, really bizarre...

Also, found out that our reception hostess is in our class with us! :) Her name is Jennifer, and she's going to be working alongside our caterer, making sure every aspect of the reception runs smoothly. She e-mailed me a reception checklist, with all sorts of questions that will help her with organizing all the details. So exciting! :)

Anyway, for the next class, we're supposed to essentially write down our testimony of when/how we became saved, and how we've grown as believers since then. Next Sunday, we'll break into small groups and share it with one or two people. I have a feeling that we're really going to become close to our group within the next 5 weeks! We're going to know so much about each other by then.

After church, Em came over, and we worked on invitations! She's an invitation-cranking machine! :) All in all, we completed 50 invitations. Wow!

Me & Em assembling invitations! :)

Em (aka- my fabulous MOH!) & me, again :)

In other news...our custom napkins are coming today! So are my under-things that I'll be wearing under my dress. Everything is coming together. :) Next up...finish the assignment for our premarital counseling session on Wednesday, order our centerpieces, and figure out how we're doing flowers.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! :)



7:25 AM

Comments:
I almost IM'd you this weekend to see how things were going and then BOOM! I got busy!
 
Yay for a good weekend! I am glad that Ryan came home and you got to spend time together! Did you ever eat that delish dinner??? lol

Hope you are having a good monday!
 
I'm so glad we got a chance to hang out this weekend! :-D Who knew folding invitations could be so fun? :-D I guess that's just how it is when you happen to be folding them with your bestest buddy! :-D
LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!
 
LOL :-D I just saved those pictures you posted, and realized I didn't have to change the title from "me_em.jpg" :-D hehehe :-) It's the little things ;-)
 
I PICKED "our" DRESS!!!!! (Is that okay?!?? Hahah, I feel like I should ask your permission!)

Did I tell you I ordered those "Will you be my bridesmaid" cards? (Yet another thing I feel I've stolen from you. :-p) They came on Friday and they're even cuter than the pic on the website!! I LOVE THEM!!! (Friday was the best afternon...I got my cards, it was Friday, and my Entertainment Weekly came with Patrick Dempsey on the cover! Yahoooo! :-D I was in a way good mood that evening!)
 
That is so exciting! I'm glad everything's coming together.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers