Wednesday, September 21, 2005

So Beautiful -

It's Wednesday--do you know what this means? It means I have exactly 2 weeks and one day until my first wedding dress fitting! I was oh-so excited to find out that my under-things for under my dress had arrived yesterday, and was giddy to try said under-things on. That is, until I found out...they are too big. Argh!

This wouldn't be such a big deal except for the fact that it was backordered in the first place, and took nearly a month to get here. I don't have another month to wait for a smaller size. Now what do I do? Reschedule my fitting? Reschedule with the same amazing seamstress that everyone on the DC board on theknot.com has raved about, and apparently everyone is using, who I originally booked, uh, the week after I got engaged?? Long sentence..sorry. Anyway, you can see my predicament.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to meet up with Ryan's parents last night. They wanted to go out for a really nice dinner, because I think his Dad's company is paying for their meals. Quite frankly, we really can't afford $150+ for dinner right now. Shoot, we don't ever go out to dinner, much less somewhere really, really nice. Plus, we have expenses like..oh..wedding bands, which take precedence right now.

On top of that, I hadn't been feeling well yesterday or the day before. I was dealing with some sort of stomach bug or something, and nothing had been sitting well. No fun. :(

We have a premarital counseling session today at 4:30, which goes until 6, so we might be able to catch up with his parents afterwards. I'm not sure what time they were planning on heading home, so that may or may not work out. We shall see.

Aside from that, life is beautiful. I fixed Ryan some dinner last night, and we settled down to start listening to one of our books on tape, Christian Marriage by R.C. Sproul, required for premarital counseling. We wound up listening to the tapes for two hours, and I can't even tell you how great it was. I'd recommend it to anyone.

It's not like your typical books on tape...they were recorded while he was teaching a seminar on Christian Marriage, and it is just awesome. After we'd finish each side of the tapes, we'd talk about our thoughts on it, and really take time to listen to each other. I can't even express how wonderful it was. We always talk, and we've talked about a lot of these issues, but it was just so much deeper. We expressed our thoughts, concerns, and our desires for an exciting, wonderful, fulfilling, Christ-centered marriage. There is nothing like truly connecting with your best friend, and feeling 100% understood and loved.

So, now I'm off to get some work done. :) I have so much to do! Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. We're almost on the downward slope towards the weekend!


7:52 AM

Comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day! However, I am sorry you were not feeling that great and that your garments came in too big. Can you not just get them sized to fit right? And I am still a waiting pictures of your dress!!!
 
That's weird about the garments...hmmmmm
 
Testing the "Other" tab...:-)
 
Life is good, isn't it? :-D LOVE YOU BUDDY! :)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers