Monday, September 26, 2005

Really Official -

I was sitting behind a purple Taurus in traffic this morning, and was amused by the bumper stickers she had all over her car. Including: "No vehicle is complete without a few horse hairs!", "Anyone can ride a horse, it just takes talent to stay on," and my favorite, "Born to Ride, Forced to Go to Work!" :)

Not that I'd choose to plaster my car with these things, but it reminded me of myself when I was younger, and horse-obsessed. This weekend, while going through my things in the basement, I stumbled upon a framed 8x10" of me with Slew from the first day I brought him home, as well as pictures of Scatch around the time I was trying to sell him before I went off to college. Some days I really miss riding, and having a horse. My parents gave me riding lessons as a Christmas present when I was 10, and I was hooked from there on. I worked for free boarding for my first horse when I was 15--anything to have a horse of my own. The horse "phase" hasn't ended yet, I just had to grow up. $500+ a month is what I wound up paying for Slew--I could've had a BMW for that. Land up here is at a premium, so farms know that they can charge an arm and a leg, and people will pay it. In fact, the farm I had Slew boarded at had a waiting list. No joke.

But anyway. :) My weekend was wonderful. We bought my wedding band! The store only had it in yellow gold, so they placed an order for one in white gold, size 5 1/2--so I won't have to get it resized once it comes. It won't arrive until November 7th! It's a good thing we got it taken care of earlier rather than later. Sheesh.

We also looked into getting our passports taken care of for our trip to Cabo, San Lucas at the end of February--our "second honeymoon." :) We looked into what materials we'll need to bring with us to acquire one, and how the process works. Looks like I'll need to wait until I have my name changed after the wedding before I should get one, but we'll ask what they suggest while we're there to get Ryan's.

My Mom started addressing our invitations! It's feeling so real as we check off more things on our wedding to-do list. We still need to find several more addresses for people we want to invite, but the total count of guests invited, as it stands right now, is 167. Now, we know not all of them will be able to make it--due to being out-of-state, and so on, but wow! That's a lot of people. :) Of course, my family alone is, like, 100 people right there. Then Ryan's side, plus friends..

Less than 2 weeks before my first fitting...it's crunch time! I worked out like a crazy person yesterday afternoon--the Eagles game helped pump me up, too. I had the gym to myself, so I was free to yell and cheer at the TV as I pleased. :) Ryan would've been so proud, had he been there. Anyway, I'm glad they won!

It's my Dad's birthday today, but we celebrated yesterday. This is his busy season at work, and he gets home pretty late, so we decided to celebrate a day early. :)



Me and my Dad :)

My handsome hubby-to-be!
Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!


6:46 AM

Comments:
Sound like a good weekend! I love horses and took lessons. I always wanted a horse but my parents said it was the gift that keeps on giving....lol. Of course you know that is true with 500 a month. I still want one and have looked at adopting one through a rescue. You can get a good older horse for around 500 that way. Now I have to look into boarding prices...lol. That will probably make is another year or so before I get one...

Have a great Monday!!

P.S. Any pics of the wedding bands??
 
Do I spy a goatee on Ryan? ;-) hehehe

My passport took 10 weeks, if I remember correctly.

Go Eagles!! :)
 
cute pix.. what about the GORGEOUS bride to be though?? : )
glad you're doing well.

i used to have a horse too, i might have already written to you about it though. we couldn't keep her after my parent's divorce. good memories of feeding her though. i love the smell of sweet feed to this day. didn't ride her a ton b/c i was young. anyways.. i'm glad things are progressing well with the wedding. : )
 
Hey Jess!! On the passport thing you might want to get it in your maiden name... sometimes those can take a LONG time to come in, and assuming you don't get your name changed the social security office and DMV for a week or two after the wedding you might be cutting it close with the holidays. Or you can get married legally early and get it in your married name. The wait time may have gone down though, I just remember waiting about 10 weeks for mine to come in 3-4 years ago. Hope you're having a good day!!
Jess
 
your just so stinkin pretty!!!
i love the picture of you and future hubby...you both look so happy!
neat to see the relationship that you have with your dad....it's a beautiful thing....
ryc: awesome that you have such a GREAT imagination, and think of the winning combination you and your hubby will have....you'll make the tents in the living room, and he'll take them outside to play later!
one day i want to learn how to ride a horse....haven't done it yet, but i plan on it!take care of you!....vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers