Definitely slept way too long this morning---by, uh, an hour. Five-minute make-up, got dressed, pulled my hair up, and was out the door in less than 15 minutes. I remembered to grab some lunch, but not breakfast. Ah well, breakfast is...um...overrated? Maybe not, but I'm trying to think positive here.
The sky was awesome this morning--the clouds resembled waves, with the sun perched above them. The clouds were moving fast. As I chatted with my brother on the phone as we both made our way through traffic, going opposite directions, I asked if he noticed the clouds. He said that it's caused by tropical air, and that a front is moving through. How cool. I'm liking the chilly mornings, too. Still hard to believe it'll be October on Saturday, though. Hay rides, apple cider, punkins, sweaters, cool air. Lovely October. :)
I had a dream with lots and lots of Christmas-related things in it. I think it's because my Mom and I, after fighting 495 traffic, (thanks to an accident which caused both the outer loop and the inner loop to back up miserably) checked out the banquet hall and the sanctuary last night to get an idea of what we still need to do. Answer? A lot. I have a million thoughts going through my head. It will get done, it will get done, it will get done...
My first dress fitting is exactly one week from today. Ryan doesn't want me losing much more weight, but as I explained--once next Thursday comes, that's it. My weight has to stay the same from there on, or I will worry about my dress not fitting--whether that be too tight or too loose. I can continue to tone up, but nothing drastic. Not that I was really aiming for "drastic" anyway. Ryan says I will look great no matter what...and I am thankful for him! ;-)
Speaking of Ryan--he called ABC yesterday. Apparently, instead of playing the Penn State game this Saturday, they're playing the Syracuse/Florida State game. I agree with him--there has to be more PSU fans in this area than Syracuse/Florida State fans combined. So, he called to complain. Not that it will change who plays this Saturday, but it's the principle of the matter. :)
We had our third session of premarital counseling last night. We're going to be studying Ephesians 5 for three whole sessions, and let me just say--what an amazing part of scripture it is. We both had many realizations last night, so much so that we looked at each other at one point, and both had tears in our eyes. Good tears. I absolutely cannot wait to marry him.
Wow!! Now I can't wait for premarital counseling! You're making me excited for it! :-)
A reply to yesterdays post - I did watch The Amazing Race. I don't usually, but my mom had it on, so I joined. I found it very amusing that the only African-American family on the show had the last name "Black", so everytime they were on, it said "Black Family" at the bottom of the screen. I chuckled a lot. (I also thought that the family with the two mean sons should be eliminated - I got so mad at them...and felt a little bit bad for the parents - those guys had NO respect for them!!! But, I guess it kind of is their fault? Anyway - they irritated me to no end.)
Where are the pictures?
Have a gerat day!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:04 AM, September 29, 2005
Ahem....Great. Day. :-P (Sounded a bit "Tony the Tiger" there, didn't I? Lol.)
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:05 AM, September 29, 2005
AW! I'm so glad counseling is going good! :) I'm proud of you. Praying for you. Love you! :)
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:34 AM, September 29, 2005
So where are you from? When are you getting married?
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:07 AM, September 29, 2005
There was an article in our paper today about the Amazing Race. I thought of you. 495 traffic bites!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
11:38 AM, September 29, 2005
Aww, I missed the sky this morning :-P I was probably handing out breakfast trays ;-) fun fun, lol ;-) It feels so much like fall today! Major gorgeousness :)
I'm so glad that you guys are being blessed so much by your counseling stuff :) God is good :-D
LOVE YOU!!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
1:01 PM, September 29, 2005
Hey hope you are having a great day!!
Ryan is so wonderful to worry about you losing too much weight and making sure you know you will be beautiful always!!!
Glad all is going well....
#
posted by Anonymous :
1:38 PM, September 29, 2005
catching up....ugh! been so busy lately! love the picture of the pink house, that's so pretty.....nice that you notice things like that...means you pick up on the beauty God tries to show you! CREED??!! love that song, actually my husband and i really loved that group, i know some people in the christian industry have issues with scott strapp(spelling?) but i got a chance to see a vh1 special on him....his story is quite interesting, and it explains ALOT about him.....anyway i love that song too! ryan sounds like a true gentleman.....just the fact that he would be concerned enough about you to tell you not to lose any more weight shows that he is involved AND invested in YOUR well being, not just letting you float around doing whatever till the wedding comes.....what a blessing! sounds like the pre-marital counseling will offer as many wonderful memories as the wedding will! thank God for these times of deeper identifying with one another....they will be priceless later on! take care hon, and have a GREAT friday.....hopefully you'll have breakfast today! vincy
#
posted by Anonymous :
5:56 AM, September 30, 2005