I replaced the background music with the live version of "Creed" by Third Day. It's the only song I've ever listened to that describes who I am, and what I believe, in 6 minutes or less. For lyrics, go here. Love it, love it. **Edit - Removed music--8.29 MB was making the page load so. slowly. If you want to hear it, let me know and I'll e-mail you the mp3. **
What a gorgeous Tuesday it is! That is, after we got some much needed rain last night. But let me tell you, there are few things quite so miserable as walking the dog in the rain, in a pair of slippery shoes, whilst the dog is going nuts about getting rained on, thus darting around every which way. And naturally, the rain can't come down...no, no, it has to come sideways, thus drenching both dog and dog-walker. Lovely!
Anyway, enough of that. :) Came home, finished off the invitations for all the addresses we have so far. I need to call several couples from church to get their addresses, and Ryan needs a couple others--then we'll be set to send them out early next week!
Also, Ryan has picked out the tux and accessories for himself as well as his groomsmen. This area was completely up to him! I don't know the first thing about tuxes. Below is a picture of what the groomsmen will be wearing.
"'Cos Every Girl Crazy 'Bout a Sharp Dressed Man" - ZZ Top
That's the exact suit, but the vest and tie are different. They're going to be the same color, which matches the bridesmaid dresses, but they won't have that pattern. The vests are plain satin. Then, Ryan's vest and tie will be silver.
In other news, my Mom is going to meet me at the church tomorrow before Ryan and I meet with the pastor for counseling, so she can see what the banquet hall looks like, and so we can count the pews before we start making the pew decorations.
It already looks like work is going to be busy today, which is nice. I'm heading to the gym after work, even though I'm still kinda sore. I've resolved to go today, Thursday, Saturday, next Monday, and Tuesday...then I have my first dress fitting on Thursday. I kinda wish I had more time.
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:23 AM, September 27, 2005
I HATE walking the dogs in the rain!! however, Libby will not go out in the rain out all. The rest do the same thing as Kylie and try to get away from it.
I love those tuxes and can't want to see everything pieced together!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:41 AM, September 27, 2005
happy tuesday!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
9:03 AM, September 27, 2005
Ooo! Those tuxes are gonna match our dresses! :) Spiffy! :) I'm so excited to see mine! It comes in this month! :-D Wooo! :)
#
posted by Anonymous :
1:33 PM, September 27, 2005
Kudos to Ryan for picking out the guy's wear!! Wow .. what a studly suit!! I think silver will look awesome too. I am so excited about your Christmas colors, it will all look so beautiful :) Good luck with the dress fitting, how exciting!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:18 PM, September 27, 2005
this post would not have been complete without that lyrics quote from zz top. FANTASTIC. :)
very sharp suit. : ) have fun tomorrow with your pre-marital counseling.
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:28 PM, September 27, 2005
ouch.. without THE lyrics quote from zz top. do i really work at a newspaper. i'm sorry, i must truly be tired. : P
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:29 PM, September 27, 2005