Did anyone else watch the first episode last night? It's the family edition, and I particularly enjoyed it because it started out in NYC, and ended...and I'm not joking....in Lancaster, PA. :) One of their stops was a farm in Mount Joy, too. They were "awwww"-ing at the Amish, and the horse and buggies.
I have a feeling I'd be kicked off the very first episode of the Amazing Race. During a commercial break, Ryan nudged me and said, "You should go online and see what we'd need to do to apply. We could take your brother, and..." I interrupted him, saying, "Uh, usually they only have teams of 2, not 4. This season is the family edition." The oh...nevermind then look on his face was hilarious. "Glad to see how much faith you have in me!" I joked. But seriously, I don't blame him. This is the same girl who couldn't tell you how to get to the nearest 7-Eleven when I got my learner's permit, because I didn't know street names.
Sure, I'm a million times better with directions now, but trekking all over God's creation is a different story. What's sad is, here I've lived in this area my entire life, yet Ryan knows the area better because of his job. Still, if anyone is the perfect candidate for a GPS system, it's me.
Anyway, I was rooting for the Black family, because they're from nearby Woodbridge, Virginia! Gotta support a local family. And wouldn't you know it..they were the first to be eliminated. Now I don't know who I'm rooting for. Maybe the dad with the three sons-in-law? (Bless his heart)
I woke up this morning feeling rather sore and physically exhausted. I was already feeling sore before I went to the gym last night, but I reminded myself that the wedding is only 73 days away. This, my friends, is all the motivation I need.
On another note...Why I love mornings :
(I love how it turns the house behind me a lovely shade of pink.)
With the daylight schedule changing, the sun is just barely coming up when I leave for work. Actually, this is when I know that I'm leaving late. Oops.
Hopefully, I will have some pictures of the banquet hall tomorrow. :) Love you guys--have a wonderful Wednesday!
I've never watched the Amazing Race. However, like you I am horrible at directions so I would never make it on that show. I love that picture out your window I love sunrise and sunset...
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:15 AM, September 28, 2005
I don't watch tv. too much housestuffs to do! blaaaaah! :)
love you.
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:11 AM, September 28, 2005
haha Lancaster, PA? Really? That's in my backyard, kinda.
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
11:11 AM, September 28, 2005
Haha... no problem about the comments. It happens!
Anyway, you're not alone in the "perfect candidate for GPS" status. Joel loves to pick on me for my awful sense of direction and lack of knowledge when it comes to road names, driving directions, etc. I've just recently learned (as in, the past two years... and I've been driving, oh, 5 years now!) which highway is which in my area (hey, they're I-81 and I-83, which is my book is pretty similar and not worth differentiating between). Maybe we should start a support group of some kind for the "directionally challenged"? ;)
Have a great Wednesday!
.ashlee.
#
posted by Anonymous :
4:52 PM, September 28, 2005
Just wanted to say hello!
#
posted by Anonymous :
7:18 PM, September 28, 2005
i love mornings too.. the sun comes in through my livingroom so bright. it's getting darker here though faster.. earlier and i hate that. oh well, i'm not totally anti-winter.. atleast not until AFTER christmas. then it can all just go away.
i need some kind of wedding motivation for working out. : )
#
posted by Anonymous :
12:38 AM, September 29, 2005